ON THE BLOG:
- 50+ Easy Recipes to Use up Thanksgiving Leftovers
- 5 Gift Ideas for the Person Who Has Everything
- Encouragement for When the Holidays Aren't Happy
I'm writing this week's newsletter between washing my family's bedding, running various errands, bathing and grooming the dog, updating our family photo book, and making all our Thanksgiving Day foods (yes, I always make everything a few days in advance)!
It never ceases to amaze me that my "job" can so easily squeeze into the little cracks and crevices of my everyday life! I doubt there could be a more perfect job for me, or for my current season of life.
After all these years, it's easy to take it for granted... but truthfully, there are moments in almost every day when I stop and think how grateful I am for this opportunity -- and for all of you!
I met 3 of you over the weekend (at Arby's, at a friend's party, and at Meijer). It was fun to put faces with names and remember that I'm sharing with real people who are actually reading and implementing my ideas to simplify, streamline, and organize their home and life.
So, for my 19th Thanksgiving here online (16th on this website)... I want to say, "Thank You"!
I appreciate your readership, your emails and comments, your kind words and constructive criticism, and your "hellos" when we meet in real life!
Happy Thanksgiving, friends!
simple food. Before you resign yourself to eating cold turkey for the next 2 weeks, check out these 50+ quick and creative recipes that will transform your Thanksgiving leftovers into something new and tasty! | | |
organized home. Do you have a few hard-to-buy-for people on your list this year? You know… the ones who have everything, need nothing, and say "don't get me anything," but you know you need to get them something. Yup, I've got a few simple gift ideas that should work for even your hardest-to-buy-for giftees! | | |
intentional living. Although the holiday season is typically assumed to be happy, that isn't always the case for everyone. If this hits home for you this year, I have a bit of encouragement for you. 🥰 | | |
In other news...
Birthday Girl: Guess who turned 14 over the weekend?!? Can you believe this girl is going to high school next year? I'm thankful for Nora, for her willingness to try new things, for her spunky personality, and... for her love of sleeping (if you've been reading for a while, you understand my joy!)
Christmas Decor: We don't have a yearly tradition of exactly when we put up Christmas decorations each year... but it's on our to-do list today (Dave and the kids have off school). I'm curious, when do you set up your Christmas decor? Or are you like us and do whatever works for that particular year?
Fun Holiday Project: Looking for a fun and not overly messy project to do while you're home over the holidays -- specifically with younger kids or grandkids? Try Homemade Gak. My older kids still enjoy making and playing with Gak... and it's a really frugal homemade Christmas gift.
Clutter-Free Gifts: I will continue to share my giant list of Clutter-Free Gifts for all ages from now through Christmas. Skip the mug, skip the silly socks, skip the ornament, and go for a clutter-free option instead.
Visit my blog!
...for I have learned to be content, whatever the circumstances. (Phil. 4:11)
0 Komentar untuk "Easy Ideas for Thanksgiving Leftovers (+ our birthday girl!)"